Monday, August 01, 2005

How do you spell muscodine?

I thought when I started this blog that it was spelled muscodine, so I signed up with it like so. Then, I did a google search. To my suprise, it was spelled muscAdine, like this http://images.google.com/images?q=muscodine&hl=en. Oops! so much for the phonics I was taught when I learned to read. I originally changed the name of the blog, but the URL will forever be http://muscodinewine.blogspot.com. So at this site, the reference to that wonderful, sour little grape will be with it spelled MuscOdine. There's a little of that ornery Texas spirit in there!

Actually, I think it is in character with the whole mystique of the fruit and the feeling I want to promote within this blog. It's not the every day variety of fruit. Chances are most people don't have a clue what it is in the first place. So, as far as I'm concerned, it doesn't matter how it's spelled. If somebody has heard of the muscadine grape and they have an affinity for all things East Texan, they've come to the right place.

No comments: