Thursday, October 20, 2005

A World Series for Texas

I'm up late tonight. The Houston Astros clinched their first World Series berth after 43 seasons. I grew up a Rangers' fan. They were the closest team to me and the first major league team I ever saw in person. But, after two years of really following these Astros, I'm no longer a Rangers' fan. I'm Astro red (or is it orange?) through and through. I watched on Monday night when Albert Puhols kicked every Astros' fan in the gut with that 3-run bomb. But, this team isn't like most teams. They put it all together when it mattered most and have gone where no Texas baseball team has ever been before.

So, whoever you are, if you're from Texas, tip your hat to the 'stros. You don't have to like them or cheer for them. But, give them their due. They've finally won a National League Pennant and can win the World Series.

No comments: