Wednesday, July 19, 2006

I'm Feeling Pretty Stupid Right About Now

In my previous post, I wrote about the eye-opening blog that I discovered, thanks to my co-worker - one cube over. I got all wrapped up in the story and told each of my two blog readers about it as well as my wife early this morning. It now appears that it's all a hoax, part of a clever marketing campaign for a billboard sign company.

I'll admit that I'm the gullible sort. I take things at face value - which can leave me open to the occasional kick in the gut, pants or wherever. In this case it's almost disappointing. I guess I was hoping it would be real instead of the TV reality that most of us have become accustomed to. Had I not discovered the revelation this morning, I probably would have been suprised by the video posted today on the blog. I'm supposed to believe the video to be the work of a private investigator. If that's the case, shouldn't he be a little farther away. At least they are on TV. I'd like to think I would notice a guy with a video camera right across the table or up the sidewalk from me. Then again, I don't know what I'd do.

If this is in fact a hoax, I have only one question...where in the hell can I sign up for a job like that? Getting paid for making up a storyline like this one? I'll bet people would be standing in line. Wouldn't you?

No comments: